Anti Wrinkle InjectionsBefore and After
What Are Anti Wrinkle Injections?
Anti wrinkle injections are a cosmetic treatment aimed to reduce the appearance of the fine lines and wrinkles that appear on the face due to the natural process of ageing. Made from a commercially prepared form of botulinum toxin, these injections target and aim to reduce the appearance of frown lines, smile lines and facial wrinkles. Aside from treating wrinkles, cosmetic injectables can also reduce the appearance of globular frown lines (expression lines) and upper lip wrinkles which tend to develop by the age of 40.
Fun Fact: Anti-wrinkle injections have been used to treat conditions such as muscular sclerosis for over 5 decades thanks to its value in treating patients with overactive muscles.
How Do Anti Wrinkle Injections Work?
Simply put, anti-wrinkle injections work by blocking the chemical signals the brain sends from the nerves to the muscles telling them to contract. Once you have been injected with anti-wrinkle treatment, the afflicted muscle is no longer able to contract, thus softening the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. The purpose of anti-wrinkle injections is to offer patients a minimally invasive solution to help you improve and maintain the appearance of your skin.
What Are The Benefits Of Anti Wrinkle Injections?
The benefits of anti-wrinkle injection treatment are numerous, with the most common advantages including:
- Anti wrinkle injections help to soften the appearance of fine lines on the face for a tighter, fresher and more youthful appearance.
- Anti-wrinkle injections are a non-invasive procedure with little to no downtime, making it the perfect ‘lunchtime procedure’.
- Administered quickly and precisely by a licensed professional at VC Dermal Clinics, anti wrinkle injections are relatively pain and discomfort free. Upon request, a topical anaesthetic can also be applied before treatment to further reduce discomfort.
What To Expect After Anti Wrinkle Injections?
Immediately after treatment, you may experience redness, tenderness or swelling in the treated area. This is perfectly normal and side effects will disappear within a few days. You may also notice slight bruising at the injection points and there is no need to worry as bruising will also subside within a matter of days.
In terms of aftercare, we recommend the following guidelines:
- Avoid lying down for a few hours after your treatment as this will allow the proteins to settle into place.
- Avoid facial treatments such as microdermabrasion, chemical peels or dermal rolling for a minimum of 2 weeks post treatment.
- Do not exercise for a minimum of 12 hours after treatment.
- Avoid exposing your skin to excessively hot or cold environments (saunas, hot tubs, ice baths or snow).
- Avoid massaging or applying pressure to your face.
For more information or to book a consultation for anti wrinkle injections, simply contact us today.
Anti Wrinkle Injections FAQ
Depending on the brand, the cost of anti-wrinkle injections in Melbourne can range from anywhere between between $4.00 to $12.00 per unit. To find out more or to request a quote, simply contact VC Dermal Clinics today.
In most cases, the effects of anti wrinkle injections last for anywhere between 3-6 months and are highly dependent on the individual patient, size of the muscle and number of units used. Effects wear off gradually, and we recommend repeating treatment every 4 months for long lasting effects.
Our highly trained clinicians will be able to assess your muscles to recommend the optimal interval between your treatments.
For most patients, it will take around 7-14 days after the anti wrinkle injection treatment to notice full effects.
Note: To ensure the best results, we recommend avoiding alcohol for at least 1-2 weeks prior to your procedure.
Generally, anti wrinkle procedures are safe to have when you are pregnant or breastfeeding, as long as you are in good health and not suffering from any infection or illness. However, we highly suggest consulting with your obstetrician before deciding on going ahead with treatment.
Nope! We do not treat patients under the age of 18 for anti-wrinkle injections.
Many patients describe anti-wrinkle injections to feel like a slight pinch or sting. At VC Dermal Clinics, our team of licensed aestheticians aim to make your experience as comfortable as possible. Ice and vibration are used to effectively minimise discomfort and topical anaesthetic can be applied upon request to further reduce discomfort.