Stretch Marks

Stretch marks are a common complaint among many women. The good news is that medical technology has advanced to a stage where this can be easily and effectively minimized and possibly completely corrected with only a few skin treatments.

You can recapture the youthful skin that you once had, without surgery. In fact, at Victorian Cosmetic Dermal Clinics we have several therapies that can reduce the visible stretch marks you currently have.

What Causes Stretch Marks

Stretch marks occur for several reasons but two of the more common are due to weight gain and pregnancy. When rapid tearing of the dermis takes place, the underlying collagen fibers within the skin weaken. The elasticity of the skin becomes damaged, creating those silver pucker lines. These can also appear during rapid stages of growth during teenage years.

Current research has shown that 70% of women get these during puberty, while the remaining 30% discover them following pregnancy.  These appear on the breasts, thighs, buttocks, abdomen region, and hips for most women.

Luckily, modern medical approaches have produced a treatment with amazing results. At Victorian Cosmetic Dermal Clinics, we only employ these reliable, cutting edge medical approaches. Professionally trained clinicians evaluate your condition and determine the best skin therapy for you based on your individual needs.

Professional Treatments Offered

The professional dermal therapists and registered nurses at Victorian Cosmetic Dermal Clinics provide several options for correcting this problem. Skin needling and low-intensity laser therapy (LILT) are the two most popular choices. Both of these treatment options stimulate a natural healing process within the skin. They are both pain-free and medically safe. They provide almost immediate results that you’ll be able to see in just a few treatments.

Skin needling promotes a rebuilding of the collagen fibers within the skin tissue. The new collagen development will minimize the visibility of the stretch marks and effectively promote healthier looking skin in the treated area.

Low-intensity laser therapy is also very therapeutic and a fairly natural process for rejuvenating the skin and promoting cellular regeneration. LILT projects a low intensity beam of light directly onto the skin, reducing localised inflammation.

These therapies will definitely make a difference to your appearance. Fill out the form below to book your free consultation and discover what we can do for you.

Book Now

Come to Melbourne's most trusted clinic and experience the difference today.