More often than not, the correct application of make up can be all the difference between achieving the look you are really after, and being left disappointed in how your skin looks and feels.
Here are Victorian Cosmetic Dermal Clinics’s top 5 tips for applying make up correctly. Our resident make up expert Nadia has been working with cosmeceuticals for many years, having worked for cosmetic giants such as Lancome, Clinique and others. If you have a question for Nadia or anyone of our laser & skin therapists, please feel free to contact us here.
Victorian Cosmetic Dermal Clinics’ Top 5 Make Up Tips
- Line and fill in your lips with your lip liner then apply your lipstick, not only will this make your lipstick last longer but it also intensifies the colour.
- If you struggle with liquid eyeliner application, try applying your mascara first and then your eyeliner. Most people find it easier this way rather than applying it first.
- Replace your makeup on a regular basis. We all know make up has a shelf life and this varies for a mascara, lipstick, eyeshadow etc. When purchasing a product you will see on the package a little symbol like this
Basically this tells you how many months the product is good for once it’s opened. In this case it would be 12 months. Next time you purchase a product, write the date you open it so you know when to replace it. (This is not put to there to get you to buy more makeup but cosmetics like many other products stay fresh and stable for a limited time).
- Try touching up your makeup with a translucent powder through the day instead of more foundation/powder. This will freshen your makeup without making your makeup look heavy and darker. (Try ASAP’s pure base as it suits most skin tones and gives the skin radiance).
- Apply your blush along the cheek bones. Imagine a line from the corner of your mouth to your ear. Keep your blush above this line, applying below this ages you.
If you want a consultation on how you can better care for your skin and slow the ageing process, get in touch to speak with one of our dermal professionals.